“Our vision is to provide accurate, unbiased, and useful sexuality education; to end ignorance, promote tolerance, and improve communication between teens and the important people in their lives.”
REVolution (REV) Rising is the Youth Action Council for Planned Parenthood of Southwestern Oregon (PPSO) and the Lotus Rising Project (LRP). REV Rising is made up of a diverse student body from local schools and young people from the LRP interactive theater group. Members come to the group with different beliefs and viewpoints. No one is expected to already know about sexual/reproductive health right, prevention issues or have theater experience. We strive to create a Council that is strong and varied in its membership and work actively to build a group that is anti-racist, anti-sexist, and anti-homophobic.
What We Do:
- We create peer-to-peer dialogue.
- We present as volunteer educators to youth and youth serving adults on various topics such as, healthy relationships, communication, dating violence, sexual health & much more!
- We train medical students on how to meet the sexual health needs of teen patients.
- We write and participate in interactive theater events
- We act as resources by sharing sexual health information with our friends and peers.
- We participate in weekly meetings and trainings to increase knowledge and skills.
- We are part of the solution while connecting others to this important work!
REV members commit a minimum of 8 and up to 20 hours per month from August 2017 through June 2018, including mandatory fall retreat (Date TBD), trainings, weekly meetings and attending events.
***Applications are due Friday August 18th 2017***
(Applications accepted until the group is full)
Download the application here: REV Application 2017
PLEASE PRINT AND RETURN SIGNATURE PAGE: RevRising App Signature Page
(under 18? Parent/Guardian must also sign)