Parade Information and Application
Downtown Ashland, once again becomes a place of diversity and inclusiveness.We are looking to celebrate diversity in Southern Oregon and create an atmosphere of merrymaking! So create a parade float or walk with us in pride. This will be a family-friendly public event, taking place in downtown Ashland on Saturday, October 14, 2017. We estimate that 1000 to 2500 people will be in attendance at the Parade and Festival, so come with a parade float, or come walk with us. Please review and retain the following details and instructions for submitting your application.
Participation Fee: Walking Entry (No limit on people): $30
All other entries (one float per entry, please. Will include all people
Walking as part of the entry): $75
If you are a non-profit organization with 501(c)(3) Tax Exemption Status and will have trouble with these fees, we can negotiate an appropriate entrance fee to participate in the parade.
Contact Information: Jessica Hyer - firstname.lastname@example.org
For the safety of parade onlookers and participants, please respect the following parade rules and regulations:
- A copy of the rules, signed by the person in charge of the entry, must be in their possession at the time of inspection.
- Any parade unit that performs exhibitions en-route must be a moving demonstration as not to cause gaps in the parade.
- Unsafe motorcycle demonstrations are not allowed, and the motorcycles must maintain the pace of the parade.
- To increase the safety of the children watching the parade, no candy or other items may be thrown at spectators on the sidelines during the parade. You may walk alongside your parade unit and place candy or trinkets in the hands of the attendees.
- All units are to be in their assigned space in the parade staging area no later than 10:30 am.
- All entries should decorate units with family-friendly and colorful displays. Your entry will not be allowed in the parade if it is deemed offensive by Lotus Rising Project staff or volunteers.
- No refunds will be issued if your float/entry is denied by Lotus Rising Project at the parade.
- Be creative and use your imagination! Let the spirit of pride, diversity, inclusiveness, and the theme of PRIDE be your guide.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the you (the vendor) shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless, Lotus Rising Project, City of Ashland, Ashland Parks, and Recreation District, and their staff, volunteers, or anyone acting on their behalf. This applies to all claims, actions, suits causes of action, or demands which arise or are in any way connected with the acts or omissions of you, your employees, directors, officials, agents, volunteers, or persons acting on your behalf. We also will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen materials caused by weather, elements of nature (e.g.- fire or earthquakes), or theft.
- Please return this application and entrance fee by Friday, September 29, 2017. No applications will be accepted after September 29.
If you would like more than one float in the parade, please submit an application and entrance fee for each float. Your floats will be placed together in the parade unless requested otherwise.
Lotus Rising Project reserves the right to organize the parade as is necessary.
The staging area will be on Union Street near Fairview in Ashland. The parade route will then turn left onto Siskiyou Blvd toward downtown. The parade will continue onto East Main Street through Downtown before turning left on Water Street at the Plaza and will disperse on Winburn way near Lithia Park.
Please note: participating in the PRIDE parade automatically provides a media release to Lotus Rising Project. Be advised that media may come to the event and is responsible for its own releases.
Applications and entrance fees may be mailed to the address found on the application. Otherwise, applications may be submitted online at www.RogueValleyPride.org or via e-mail Jessica@lotusrisingproject.org Please note, no applications will be processed without payment of the entrance fee. The application is on the next page.