2018 Southern Oregon Pride Parade Information and Application
Parade Information and Application
Once again, downtown Ashland hosts space for diversity and inclusiveness in the 2018 Parade!. We will create a colorful atmosphere of fun, and more importantly, celebrate our LGBTQ+ community in Southern Oregon! This year’s theme is “Rising with Pride” This will be a family friendly, public event taking place in downtown Ashland on Saturday, October 13, 2018. We estimate between 1000 -2500 people will be in attendance of the Parade and the festival, so come with a parade float, or come walk with us. Please review and retain the following details and instructions for submitting your application.
Participation Fee: Walking Entry (No limit on people): $35
All other entries (one float per entry, please; will include all people walking as part of the entry): $75
If you are a non-profit organization with 501(c)(3) Tax Exemption Status and will have trouble with these fees, we can negotiate an appropriate entrance fee to participate in the parade.
Pride Committee – [email protected]
Rules for the safety of parade on-lookers and participants please respect the following parade rules and regulations:
- Any parade unit that performs exhibitions en-route must be a moving demonstration as not to cause gaps in the parade.
- Unsafe motorcycle demonstrations are not allowed, and the motorcycles must maintain the pace of the parade.
- To increase the safety of the children watching the parade, no candy or other items may be thrown at spectators on the sidelines during the parade. You may walk alongside your parade unit and place candy or trinkets in the hands of the attendees.
- All units are to be in their assigned space in the parade staging area no later than 10:30 am.
- A copy of the rules, signed by the person in charge of the entry, must be in their possession at the time of inspection.
- All entries should decorate units with family friendly, and colorful displays. Your entry will not be allowed in the parade if it is deemed offensive by Lotus Rising Project staff or volunteers.
- No refunds will be issued if your float/entry is denied by Lotus Rising Project at the parade inspection.
- Be creative and use your imagination! Let the spirit of pride, diversity and inclusiveness be your guide. Rainbows are a good start.
- Please return this application and entrance fee by Friday, October 5, 2018 5 PM . No applications will be accepted after October 5, 2018.
If you would like more than one float in the parade, please submit an application and entrance fee for each float. Your floats will be placed together in the parade unless requested otherwise.
Lotus Rising Project reserves the right to organize the parade as is necessary.
Staging area will be on Union Street near Fairview in Ashland. The parade route will then turn left onto Siskiyou Blvd toward downtown. The parade will continue onto East Main Street through downtown before turning left on Water Street at the plaza and will disperse on Winburn Way near Lithia Park.
Please note: participating in the Pride parade automatically provides a media release to Lotus Rising Project. Be advised that media may come to the event and is responsible for its own releases.
Please note, no applications will be processed without payment of the entrance fee. (after successful completion of application you will be directed to a payment screen)
Download application: 2018-Parade-application.docx